I assure you, the details of this hospital construction project are truly thrilling.
Together, we will forge a development project with far-reaching and long-lasting impact on the health and well-being of our community.
The new Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center within the Life Sciences Gateway, will be adjacent to the FDA, pioneering research centers, top-notch universities and linked to new residential communities that will support those who will work in our new facilities. Innovative building designs and healthcare services will form the clinical cornerstone of the Life Sciences Gateway.
From my perspective, opportunities like this, to transform a community, are exceedingly rare: from ensuring the best care for your neighbor as she ages, to the system-wide advances that will serve the entire Washington Metropolitan region and beyond.
White Oak Medical Center will build upon our core mission of treating the whole person and approaching healthcare holistically, which dates back more than 100 years and continues to set us apart today.
I am always moved by the level of personal care, human understanding and kindness I see here every day. Together, we can take it further.
I’m looking forward to discussing with you how we will improve the health of our region.
As we build this world-class hospital, we have an opportunity to build to suit. Our hospital will foster efficient treatment and patient flow and support faster recovery times, with features such as:
- Large, all-private patient rooms
- Patient care units, organized and located to improve clinical efficiency
- 170 inpatient beds, plus a dedicated observation and clinical decision unit
- Logical department adjacencies within the hospital for easy navigation and less travel time for patients, staff, and material
- A fast-track Emergency Department with separate triage and waiting areas
- Multiple sustainability features
- Ample space on campus for comprehensive outpatient services, including physician offices
- Use of natural light and landscape as design features that create a healing environment
- Designed space for patient and community health and wellness education
To truly innovate and find new solutions in healthcare, we need facilities that support clinicians and caregivers who will employ the latest tools, test processes and treatments and use these results to inform the next round of tests. This process is the foundation of innovation and continuous improvement in healthcare.
From entry sequence through treatment and recovery, Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center will provide a fundamental change to the patient experience. Patients, families physicians and caregivers at the new hospital will benefit from innovative, healing features and approaches to care:
- Use of natural light and landscape as design features that create a healing environment, including a lake and walking trail
- Private patient rooms with in-room amenities and lake views
- Ample parking and access from public transportation
- Integration of advanced healthcare technologies
- Built-in flexibility and expandability to allow smart growth over the near- and long-term to address evolving community healthcare needs
- Accommodations for health related practices of multiple faith communities
- Designed space for patient and community health and wellness education.
Click the thumbnail to see more project photos.